A. For your presentation
- Prepare a talk for 10-12 minutes. (Time limits will be strictly enforced.)
- If you plan to use PowerPoint, bring a flash drive or store your file in your public folder ahead of time.
- We will have some time for Q/A at the end of each session.
B. For publication
In the summer we publish the Business & Economics Digest . This will include a brief report of your research.
- Prepare a 2-3 page (800-1000 word) summary of your paper. Consult with your faculty supervisor as you do this.
- Include a cover page showing:
- Mailing address (also provide SUMMER address, if different)
- Title of paper
- Faculty supervisor
- Outline of the paper
- Introduction (what are the questions you seek to answer? why are they important?)
- Literature review (what have others found so far?)
- Framework and analysis
- Theory: What do the models say?
- Empirical work: What data have you used? What are the results?
- Conclusions (summary of findings, avenues for future research)
- Bibliography (keep this short)
- Use Times New Roman font, size 12, and double line spacing.
- Save the file in Word. Use your last name for the filename -- e.g. obama.doc.
- The deadline for submission is the last day of classes of the spring semester.
- Send your summary as a Word file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note for HID students: You must submit a separate, completed paper to your advisor as per HID guidelines. Consult with your advisor.