Our graduates go on to successful careers in their chosen field. Many choose to pursue graduate studies after Elizabethtown. Here is a look at where some of our recent alumni have gone:
After Graduation: Mathematics
Our applied, pure and secondary education math majors take positions in education, corporate and government environments, while others continue their education.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of Pittsburgh
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Delaware
- Wake Forest University
- North Carolina State University
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- The Hershey Company
- ACNielsen Homescan and Spectra
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Computer Support Services, Inc.
- TD Waterhouse (Ameritrade)
- Langan Engineering
Federal Government Employment
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Security Agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Elizabethtown Area High School
- Hempfield High School
- Mannheim Township High School
- Lower Dauphin High School
- Red Lion Area High School
- Hibriten High School (Lenoir, NC)
- Forbes Road High School (Everett, PA)
- Wildwood High School (NJ)
- Pequea Valley High School
After Graduation: Actuarial Sciences
The major in Actuarial Science at Elizabethtown College began in 2004, although we have been involved in Actuarial Science education for many years prior to that. Our first graduate of the major program in Actuarial Science was Derek Eyler, who graduated in 2007. Derek passed several exams while he was a student here and has continued to be successful. He recently became an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and is working at Towers Watson (formerly Towers Perrin) in Philadelphia.
We had three graduates in 2008. Kyle Foltz is currently working at CBHNP/PerformCare in Harrisburg. Pete Achilles is employed at Paychex in Rochester, NY. George Nicholas is employed at Geico in Washington, DC.
In 2009 we had four graduates. Alison Duval has passed two exams and works at Blue Cross/Blue Shield in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Amanda Morgan has also passed two exams and works at Diamond State Insurance Group in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Kennedy McChesney has passed three exams and is employed at Aon Consulting. And Rebecca Von Funk has also passed three exams and works at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in Baltimore.
We had one graduate in 2010, Doug Summerson, Doug has passed three exams and works at Hartford Insurance Group in Hartford, CT.
This year we have four seniors in Actuarial Science. Elizabeth Pagano and Matthew Weaver have both passed two exams. Both did summer internships in 2010, Elizabeth at Arch Insurance in New Jersey, and Matthew at Capital Blue Cross in Harrisburg. Brendan Ritchie and Brittany Gladhill will also graduate in May; they have both passed an exam and are studying for the next exam which they will take later this year.
Currently, we have 21 Actuarial Science majors. Our program is focused on providing students with individualized attention to help them succeed.