Our graduates go on to successful careers in their chosen field. Many choose to pursue graduate studies after Elizabethtown. Here is a look at where some of our recent alumni have gone:
After Graduation: Mathematics
Our applied, pure and secondary education math majors take positions in education, corporate and government environments, while others continue their education.
- Lehigh University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of Pittsburgh
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Delaware
- Wake Forest University
- North Carolina State University
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Goldman Sachs
- The Hershey Company
- ACNielsen Homescan and Spectra
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Computer Support Services, Inc.
- TD Waterhouse (Ameritrade)
- Langan Engineering
Federal Government Employment
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Security Agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Elizabethtown Area High School
- Hempfield High School
- Mannheim Township High School
- Lower Dauphin High School
- Red Lion Area High School
- Hibriten High School (Lenoir, NC)
- Forbes Road High School (Everett, PA)
- Wildwood High School (NJ)
- Pequea Valley High School
After Graduation: Actuarial Sciences
The major in Actuarial Science at Elizabethtown College began in 2004, although we have been involved in Actuarial Science education for many years prior to that. Our first graduate of the major program in Actuarial Science was Derek Eyler, who graduated in 2007. Derek passed several exams while he was a student here and has continued to be successful. He recently became an Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and is working at Towers Watson (formerly Towers Perrin) in Philadelphia.
Other graduates who have recently attained membership in the Society of Actuaries or the Casualty Actuarial Society include:
Ashley Wise ('06) became an Associate (ASA) in 2010. She is currently employed by Conrad Siegel, and actuarial consulting firm in Harrisburg, PA.
Phil Fedako ('3) became a fellow (FSA) in 2012. He is employed at ING US Financial Services in Melvern, PA.
Alan Voltz ('02) became a fellow (FCAS) in 2006. He works as an investment advisor in Memphis, Tennessee.
Jon Khanlian ('02) became a fellow (FSA) in 2012. He works at Met Life in New York.
Peter Shelley ('00) became a fellow (FCAS) in 2004 and works for Berkshire Hathaway Group in Hamford, Connecticut.