EPIC Scholarship for Women Engineering Students
Elizabethtown College has received a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The S-STEM program provides funding for scholarships that will help Elizabethtown meet the full demonstrated need, up to $10,000 per year, of select female students who wish to study engineering.
Elizabethtown College is committed to encouraging young women to pursue careers in the engineering field. The Engineering Practices with Impact Cohort (EPIC) Scholarship Program provides women with the financial support and focused mentoring needed to make their academic dreams a reality.
Tell me about EPIC:
EPIC is a selective scholarship for academically talented women with financial need interested in Elizabethtown’s ABET accredited engineering program. Four new scholars in each cohort will receive:
- A scholarship of up to $10,000 per year for all four years at Elizabethtown, in addition to Merit Scholarships
- Total amount will be determined based on financial need as determined by FAFSA
- Interview required
- Application deadline February 1
- 2.75 GPA is necessary to retain the award
- Focused mentoring from engineering faculty to provide pathways to employment or graduate school.
- Fully funded summer research opportunities
- Access to Elizabethtown’s Engineering Co-op program
- Reserved residence hall rooms in the Living Learning Community – Partners In Engineering (PIE) floor with access to peer tutors
All female students who are accepted to the Engineering program will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
Eligibility is decided upon by academic excellence, financial need and an interview conducted by the College.
Begin the process by:
- Completing your admissions application and submitting the FAFSA form by February 1
- Qualified applicants will be contacted after February 1 to schedule an interview.
For more information, contact the Department of Engineering and physics at (717) 361-1392.
Sara creates a classroom environment that engages students in activities, demonstrations, problem solving, and discussions of case studies and current events. read more
Pursuing a BS in Engineering with a concentration in sustainable design and mechanical engineering
Pursuing a BS in Engineering with a concentration in sustainable design and mechanical engineering read more