Clubs and Organizations
Psi Chi National Honor Society
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology. To become a member of this organization, students must meet these criteria:
- Be a formally declared psychology major or minor
- Have completed at least three semesters at Elizabethtown College.
- Have completed at least nine semester hours of psychology coursework (or completed six and registered for two)
- Have an overall GPA and a psychology GPA of 3.0
- Rank in the upper 35% of the class.
There is also a one-time initiation fee of $35 for membership in the National Society and annual dues of $5. Members receive the Psi Chi Newsletter, which provides information of interest to psychology majors. To visit the national Psi Chi web site.
All psychology majors and minors are automatically members of the Psychology Club. The Psychology Club, along with Psi Chi, invites guest speakers to campus, sponsors field trips to professional meetings and lectures to provide professional exposure, and provides a social group for informal exchange of ideas about psychology. For information on the Psychology Club, you can contact Dr. Evan Smith.