Special Collections and Archives
Find us in the Earl H. and Anita F. Hess Archives and Special Collections, High Library level 1. Our rich collections include the College Archives and materials related to the Church of the Brethren. The Hess Archives also houses rare books and archival materials collected by the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies.
For further information, please contact Archivist Rachel Grove Rohrbaugh at 717-361-1506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College Special Collections and Archives chronicle the history of the institution from its founding in 1899 to the present.
One of the High Library's special collections centers on the history of the Church of the Brethren. Moreover, the library serves as a repository of documents for the Church's Atlantic Northeast and Southern Pennsylvania Districts.
The library has digitized and made available online the following collections:
- The Etownian Student Newspaper (1934-2009)
- College Yearbooks
- Our College Times Magazine (1904-1934)
- Anna V. Blough Letters and Diaries (Brethren missionary to China)
- Brethren Books (selected titles)
- Peace Pamphlets
- Digital Audio and Video Collection
- Manumission Deed from 1812 (emancipation of 14 slaves)