High Library - Laptop Borrowing Policies & Procedures
Laptop computers are available at the High Library circulation/reserves desk for loan to active registered Elizabethtown College students, faculty, and staff. Laptops are available on a first come basis. Laptops cannot be reserved ahead of time. Laptops, Internet cables and laptop power cords are not permitted to leave the library building.
- Students, faculty, and staff of Elizabethtown College must present a valid college ID to borrow laptop computers. Borrowers must be in good standing with the High Library.
- Laptop checkout will be for 3 hours. A power cord will be checked out with the laptop.
- Borrowers may also request to borrow an Internet cable for 3 hour reserve period.
- Laptops must be returned to a staff member at the library circulation desk on the same day the laptop was borrowed. All laptops must be returned 15 minutes before the library closes.
- The library will not hold a checked out laptop while a borrower leaves the library.
- Laptops not returned to the circulation desk before the library closes will be subject to an overdue fine of $10 / hour for each hour overdue. Any overdue laptop will be subject to an overdue fine of $10/hour for each hour overdue. Laptops not returned within 24 hours will be presumed lost/stolen and a non-refundable replacement fee of $1,500 for the laptop and $50 for each additional equipment (power cord and Internet cable) will be automatically charged to the user's business office account. All overdue fines will also be charged.
- Laptop borrowers assume full responsibility for damage, loss or theft. If damage occurs to the laptop or any of its components or accessories, charges for replacement will be imposed.
- Borrowers will be asked to read and sign a liability statement once when first checking out a laptop. This signed liability agreement is binding for the length of the borrowers active career at Elizabethtown College.
You are responsible for any laptop borrowed on your Elizabethtown College ID card. Do not leave laptops unattended at any time. Report any hardware or software problems to the High Library circulation desk as soon as possible.