Theme Dinners and Events
Dining Services is proud to play a part in some of our students' most well-remembered E-town traditions. Our staff participates in many special events through the academic year, including theme dinners where we deck out the Marketplace and dress up.
FALL 2015 EVENTS
- Convocation and the All-campus Picnic - Tuesday August 25th, 2015
- Homecoming Candlelight Buffet Dinner - Saturday October 17th, 2015
- Student Thanksgiving Dinner - Wednesday November 18th, 2015
- Student Holiday Meal - Wednesday December 2nd, 2015
- Final Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday December 7th, 2015
SPRING 2016 EVENTS
- Food Show/Theme Meal - this event is co-sponsored by our main supplier, John Gross & Co. - Wednesday February 24th, 2016. Enjoy a taste of Pennsylvania, featuring foods grown and produced right here in our own back yard! "What Grows Local Stays Local"
- TGIS (Thank Goodness It's Spring) Weekend Picnic - Saturday April 23rd , 2016
- Spring Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday, May 2nd, 2016
- Reflections by the Lake - Friday May 13th, 2016
- Commencement - Saturday May 14th, 2016
Most alumni of the College will tell you that one of the most fondly remembered traditions at E-town is the annual Thanksgiving dinner. We go all out for our students. White linens line the tables and staff and faculty serve meals to the students, who enjoy a family-style meal together. After the dinner, another College tradition is enjoyed: the annual holiday tree lighting. Here are images from the 2010 meal: