Office of Diversity Goals and Initiatives
Our Commitment to Inclusion
Elizabethtown’s institutional approach to diversity planning and inclusion is holistic. Our commitments are both regulatory and strategic and involve practices to improve our demographic composition and campus climate. Elizabethtown is committed to creating policies and promoting practices that demonstrate respect for differences and affirms the value of all community members.
- Commitment and Resource Development - Affirm a commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence and allocate the appropriate resources necessary for implementing the institutional diversity plan.
- Affirming and Welcoming Environment - Create and sustain a safe and welcoming campus climate that promotes and respects the human dignity of all regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, gender, gender identity and expression, age and national origin.
- International Diversity and Cross-Cultural Interactions - Develop intentional efforts and opportunities that facilitate interaction among diverse groups on campus.
- Diverse and Welcoming Campus - Build a more diverse and welcoming campus through recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff and students.
- Academic Curriculum and Co-curricular Programs - Foster a diverse learning environment that advances the College’s commitment to inclusive excellence.