The latest version of Microsoft Office, Office 2013, has replaced Office 2010 on new college computers, in computer labs and print stations. Don't have the new Microsoft Office 2013 on your college owned computer? Install it yourself - instructions.
New Subtle Metro Look & New Features
- Tuesdays: 1-2 pm, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26 Register Online
- Thursdays: 9-10 am, 7/24, 7/31, 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28 Register Online
- New Schedule in September
Quick Start Guides from Microsoft
Understandable but thorough
Quick Start Guides
from Microsoft describe the program window, how to access help, explore the ribbon (some changes there), point out common tools and commands, new features and more. View online or, for a desk side reference, print.
The links to Microsoft's "Make the Switch" videos and tutorials which appear below give you the option of watching online or downloading and watching them off line from your computer. Another option is to take a tour from within each application. Note comments by early adopters about a favorite new feature for each app.
- Access - "New Metro look and feel."
- Excel - "Each file opens in its own window."
- Outlook - "Weather is displayed in the Calendar and I can customize the location."
- PowerPoint - "More templates, themes and variation on themes and its widescreen friendly."
- Publisher - "New picture and text effects."
- Word - "Formatting commands are consolidated on the Design ribbon. Read mode scrolls sideways."