During the summer, we invite new students and their families to attend a one-day orientation to prepare for the transition to Elizabethtown. Students meet their faculty advisor, peer mentor , and peers; they receive fall class schedules. Families attend sessions to answer their questions about the upcoming college transition. Everyone has the opportunity to tour our residence halls and learn more about living on or commuting to campus. It is our goal to build a strong relationship with new students and families so that we can be supportive during this transition.
What we covered at June Orientation
*Please note that you must log in with your Etown email address to view the recordings.
First Year FAQs About My Schedule
- Please note that the College will build your fall schedule. You'll complete forms in May with academic information, intended major, and more - we'll use this information to build your schedule.
- Transfer credits - important information
- College Catalog (courses, major requirements, core, policies)
- Access your schedule in Jayweb
- Do you have questions about your schedule? Learn how to get your questions answered under Who Do I Contact to Discuss a Schedule Change?
- Roommate/room assignment questions
Meal plan options
- First-years are automatically enrolled in the Gold plan; you can change this until the first week of the fall semester by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing Guide (which includes information on the student health insurance requirement & waiver)
- Virtual campus tour
- Virtual Resource Fair - find information about many of our offices and departments
Make sure you are keeping track of your progress and what you've completed on the New Blue Jay To-Do List.
- Student Health Forms are due by 8/1
- Enroll in or waive student health insurance by 9/15
- Complete your Student Life online modules by 8/1 (you will receive an email with instructions in early July)
- Register your vehicle in Jayweb
- Upload your photo for your college ID (if you haven't already or didn't have your picture taken at June Orientation)
- Check out our packing list
- Find out your housing assignment and roommate in Jayweb on 8/1
- Complete your preliminary check-in via Jayweb beginning on 8/1 (to ensure you don't have any holds on our account)
- Know when you're supposed to check-in this August
Helpful Jayweb instructions can be found on the Registration & Records website.
Take a look at the options listed on the side, including the FAQs page; you may find the answers you're looking for. You can also use the search box on our website; it is full of information. Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions you have.