Instructions for applying for financial aid are separated into two sections according to type of student.
Beginning in October 2019, the Financial Aid Office will mail financial aid application instructions to all 2020-2021 prospective students who have APPLIED to the College. You must be accepted to the College before any financial aid is awarded. However, you do not need to be accepted to the College to begin the process of applying for financial aid. For maximum need-based financial aid consideration, apply by March 15, 2020. The Financial Aid Office will process applications and mail financial aid award letters beginning December 2019.
- Create a FSA ID - You will need an FSA ID to electronically sign and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as well as to make any needed corrections later. If you are a dependent student, your parent will need his or her own FSA ID, too.
- Complete the FAFSA
- Elizabethtown College's Federal School Code is 003262
- To view a checklist of documents and information you will need to have on hand when completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA, please click here.
- To view a list of FAFSA tips and common mistakes to avoid, please click here.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Elizabethtown College's Federal School Code is 003262
Beginning in February, the Financial Aid Office will mail financial aid application instructions to all returning students. For maximum need-based financial aid consideration, apply by March 15, 2020.
Complete the Free Application for Fedeal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Elizabethtown College's Federal School Code is 003262
- Financial Aid for Fifth Year 4+1 Master's Degree and Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD), and Physician's Assistant Program click here for additional instructions
Application Instructions for School of Continuing and Professional Studies Students:
If you are interested in applying for financial aid for the 2019-2020 academic year, please follow the instructions below. The 2019-2020 academic year includes the Summer 2019, Fall 20, and Spring 2020 semesters.
- Apply for your FSA ID beforehand. The FSA ID serves as a student's electronic signature.
- Complete the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are an undergraduate student, please complete the FAFSA by May 1st in order to apply for eligibility for the PHEAA State Grant Program. Elizabethtown College’s Federal School Code is 003262.
- Complete and submit the Employer Educational Assistance Form. When you submit, please include a copy of your employer’s reimbursement policy if applicable. The form can be returned via US mail, fax, or uploaded to our Secured Document upload. Contact our office for username and password.
For your information, please note the following:
If you are selected by the federal processor for verification, you will be required to complete additional documentation. You will receive an email advising what specific documentation will be needed from you to complete verification.
Federal Direct Loans
First-time loan borrowers will need to complete the Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. This is completed online at www.studentloans.gov. You will need your FSA User ID and password to complete both steps.
You must maintain certain qualitative and quantitative academic standards to remain eligible for federal financial aid. The Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy can be viewed on our website under “SAP Standards”.
Once you have completed your application and enrolled in courses, a financial aid package will be assembled for you. First time award notifications will be generated and mailed via US mail. Since the Continuing and Professional Studies semester format is based upon Accelerated 5-Week Sessions, please review "Accelerated Courses & Financial Aid Eligibility".
For more information regarding Undergraduate Tuition and Financial Aid for the School for Continuing and Professional Studies, please click here. For more information regarding Graduate Tuition and Financial Aid for the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, please click here.
2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
The 2020–2021 FAFSA is available on October 1, 2019. You can submit it online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. To complete the FAFSA, you'll need the following:
- Your FSA ID* — In order to sign your FAFSA electronically, you will need an FSA ID. You can help to prevent processing delays by getting an FSA ID before you begin the FAFSA.Tip : Make sure to record all FSA ID passwords and security questions.
- Your social security number* —If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will also need your Alien Registration Number.
- Email Address
- Your driver’s license number
- Your tax records* — Use income records from the required tax year. If you have filed your taxes already, you may be able to automatically import your tax information into the FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Tax records may include IRS forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ, and W-2 Forms.
- Records of your untaxed income* — Records and documentation of other untaxed income received such as welfare benefits, Social Security income, veteran’s benefits, military or clergy allowances, child support received, money received or paid on your behalf, etc. (if applicable).
- Records of all your assets* — This includes savings and checking account balances, certificates of deposit, 529 plans and other college savings programs, as well as investments such as stocks, bonds, real estate, businesses or farms.
- List of the school(s) you are interested in attending —We will use your FAFSA information to determine the types and amounts of financial aid you may receive. Elizabethtown College’s school code is – 003262.
*If you’re a dependent student, you will need this information for your parent(s) as well.
Students will report income information from an earlier tax year on the FAFSA. Refer to the table below to determine which year's income information to use:
|IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND COLLEGE FROM||YOU CAN SUBMIT THE FAFSA FROM||USING TAX INFORMATION FROM|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||October 1, 2017 - June 30,2019||2016|
|July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020||October 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||2017|
|July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020||2018|
|July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022||October 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||2019|
Please direct any questions to:
Office of Financial Aid
One Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
Phone: (717) 361-1404
Fax: (717) 361-1514