Eligibility Requirements for application to the M.A. in Counseling Psychology Program:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale (applicants with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required, but may be submitted for consideration. Applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 are encouraged to submit either the GRE or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- An undergraduate degree in Psychology or a related field is not required, however, preference will be given to applicants who have taken at least three psychology courses and earned a grade of “B” or better in each
Application Deadline: For Fall 2023 cohort admittance please submit materials by February 1, 2023. Applications submitted after February 1 will be considered on a rolling basis as space allows until June 15.
Application Process: Please feel free to contact or meet with our admissions team at any point during the application process. Our admissions counselors are not only a great resource to guide you through the process and answer questions, they are skilled at helping our applicants find the best program and options to help them reach their goals!
How to Apply: Complete the graduate application process via the online portal which includes:
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee (waived for Elizabethtown College graduates)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Current resume or CV
- Two letters of recommendation; please include letters from recommenders who can speak to your educational and professional experience
- Personal statement addressing your academic and professional goals, and preparation and motivation to attend graduate school
Selected applicants will be invited to complete an interview. Final admissions decisions will be determined after the interview. We take a holistic approach to application review and will review all applications received. If you have any questions or concerns about whether you meet our application requirements please do not hesitate to reach out to either MCP Program Director Elizabeth Dalton or Associate Director of SGPS Admissions Don Sharples.