Health Care Administration
Bachelor's in Health Care Administration
Health Care Administration careers are rewarding and in demand—with steady growth in our region’s hospitals, outpatient centers, and other medical facilities comes a need for skilled and compassionate employees. Focused on both the practical and theory, the flexible Health Care Administration program through Elizabethtown College School of Graduate and Professional Studies, will prepare you well to succeed in an administrative position in a medical setting, such as a hospital, doctor’s office, mental health facility, wellness or nutrition center, or in the health insurance industry. After gaining an understanding of the health care system, you’ll leave SGPS with improved interpersonal communication and decision-making skills—ready to collaborate with colleagues to provide the best possible patient care.
- Analyze the roles and functions of Health Care Administration, including management of human and technological resources.
- Utilize the theory and skills of health care management and leadership throughout the health care environment.
- Apply health care industry regulations and laws to professional practice.
- Make decisions in an ethical, legal and socially responsible manner.
- Apply critical thinking skills to address problems within health care management.
- Examine how technology can be used to inform decision making that supports quality health care.
Health Care Administration Degree Requirements
Degree Requirements for Job Postings
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Clinical Manager
- Nurse Manager
- Practice Manager
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Health Manager
- Medical Director
Job Postings in the Region:
Source: Burning Glass Technologies ©
Where Our Graduates Work:
- Wellspan Health
- Pinnacle Health
- Holy Spirit Hospital
- Capital Blue Cross
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.