Operations and Supply Chain Management
Graduate Certificate in
Operations & Supply Chain Management
Elizabethtown College's Graduate Certificate in Operations and Supply Chain Management is for ambitious working professionals looking to optimize their operation and supply chain skill sets in today's ever-changing world. In recognition of advancements in technology and the increasing importance of data-driven decision-making, this certificate integrates a comprehensive array of cutting-edge concepts, including data analytics, robotics, environment, sustainability, government (ES&G), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and Six Sigma.
This certificate meets the unique demands of local industries such as manufacturing, distribution, agriculture, tourism, and hospitality. Through this program, students will acquire the essential knowledge and skills required to not only thrive but lead in this dynamic and data-centric environment.
This 12-credit certificate includes four online courses which can be completed in as little as one year. The certificate can also be stacked into Etown's 36-credit Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Strategic Leadership (MSL) .
- Master critical management skills like negotiation, ethical decision-making, and information technology.
- Apply current purchasing and procurement procedures through practical case problems.
- Utilize project management skills, including data analytics, lean principles, and Six Sigma concepts for operations and supply chain management.
- Evaluate Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) from various perspectives, including production, quality management, continuous improvement, and execution.
- Understand the industry's impact on the environment, sustainability, and government regulations.
- Recognize the emerging concept of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Leverage key tools and systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Warehouse and Logistics Management Systems, and Supply/Demand Forecasting.
The Graduate Certificate in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Elizabethtown College requires 12 credit hours of academic work. Students must take all 12 credits from Elizabethtown College to be awarded the graduate certificate.
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
Upon program completion, you'll be prepared for a range of career opportunities, including roles in e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, shipping, and transportation.
A few possible career paths include:
- Logistics Coordinator
- Production Manager
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Quality Manager
Regionally, there is a high demand for supply chain management-related occupations. Between 2023 and 2032, projections indicate a 7.6% rise in statewide demand, an 8.5% uptick within the region, and a substantial 13.4% increase on a national scale.
Why Choose Our Program
Diverse Skill Set
Acquire vital skills in negotiation, ethical decision-making, and IT, along with supply chain expertise through real-world cases. Our program emphasizes project management, data analytics, lean principles, and Six Sigma concepts.
Stay ahead with Industry 4.0 integration for enhanced efficiency. Harness big data for smarter decisions and better supply chain performance.
Tailored to industries within Central Pennsylvania, our program prepares you for a career in thriving manufacturing and distribution sectors within the greater community.
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.