The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
Other Events and Information
The Office of Campus Recreation and Well-Being offers certification through the American Red Cross for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED. The cost for current Elizabethtown College students, staff and faculty is $65. The cost for community members is $80. Visit our CPR Certification website for more information and to register for one of the following upcoming classes:
- October 20 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 17 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Attend 'til the End: Fall Group Fitness Challenge
This year, we are challenging you to attend as many group fitness classes during the Fall 2023 semester! Why? Because consistency matters and simple, daily efforts can make a lasting impact! Every group fitness class you attend (and are checked-in for) count towards your total points. The person with the most points at the end of the semester will win an iPad and a $100 lululemon gift card! The challenge runs from August 28 - December 1. Email email@example.com to register!
RecWell Active Bingo
RecWell Active Bingo is back for the Fall 2023 semester! Each participant that registers will be given a RecWell Active Bingo square and can choose from row(s) they'd like to complete. Knock them out over the course of the month and receive Gymshark gift cards for completed rows and squares! To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The incentive program runs from September 25 - October 27.
October Demo Kitchen Events
- October 10, Pink Drink Drop In Demo - In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, stop by the demo kitchen from 3 - 5pm to sample a few 'pink drinks'. In addition, information will be available about early detection of breast cancer and other resources. Breast cancer awareness themed giveaways wil alsol be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- October 18, Pumpkin & Apple Bread Demo - On 10/18 from 4 pm - 5 pm, join Joni in the demo kitchen to learn how to make pumpkin & apple bread. Each participant will leave with a delicious loaf of bread they made. Demo and taste testing opportunities included! Individuals must sign up in advance. Register here!
- October 19, Res Hall Recipes - Join SWAG, Gabby, in the Demo Kitchen for this month's session of Res Hall Recipes. Gabby will be creating a Harvest Salad that is full of fall flavors & healthy ingredients. Please sign up for one of two sessions offered (5:00 - 5:30 pm or 5:30 - 6:00 pm). Register here!
- October 25, Dinners, Dimes, and DIY - Join The Bowers Center, PSECU, and the Career Development Center for a night of meal prep, budgeting, career advice, and a DIY activity! Attendance includes dinner and a chance to win adulting give-a-ways! The event is October 25 from 6-8 PM. Register in advance on Handshake
- October 27, Foam Roll & Fiber - On Friday, October 27 from 3-3:30pm, roll out those sore muscles with this quick and efficient 20 minute foam rolling session followed by a fiber-packed snack in the demo kitchen! Register on the group fitness section of our website.
- October 30, Candy Apple Bar - Stop by the Demo Kitchen on Monday, 10/30 between 5 pm - 7 pm to make your own candy apple slices with a variety of fun toppings. In addition, our SWAG members will be there to share harm reduction strategies so you can all be safe during fall celebrations.
Get Out and Hike!
Hiking has many health benefits, from physical to emotional and mental. Lancaster County is home to tons of hiking trails! Visit one of these four hiking trails that are all less than 8 miles from campus!
NW Lancaster County River Trail
Conewago Recreational Trail
Bellaire Woods Nature Preserve
Cove Outlook Park Loop
Etown RecWell YouTube Channel
Check out our new EtownRecWell YouTube Channel, where we will be posting fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Pantry Vegetable Soup - Find the recipe here!
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins - Find the recipe here!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - Find the recipe here!
- Baked Banana & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal - Find the recipe here!
- Chickpea Salad - Find the recipe here!
- Healthy Crispy Chick - Find the recipe here!
- Protein Bites - Find the recipe here!
- Cooking with the J's: Healthy Recipes for the Mind and Body post-session information
- Pre and Post Run Stretches
- Audio Running Class
- Ab Workouts
- Upper Body Workouts
- Lower Body Workouts
- Spin classes
- ...and more!