The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
Family Recreation ID Card Policies
The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being issues Family Recreation I.D. Cards for spouses/partners of Etown employees and employees’ dependents ages 18-26 years of age.
Spouses/Partners and children/dependents of Elizabethtown College employees are able to use certain recreational facilities on campus with a valid Family Recreation I.D. Card (Children/dependents defined as unmarried, ages 18-26 years old living in the household and still on the guardians insurance). During the summer dependents can be 16 or older. However, those that are 16 and 17 years old MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian).
To obtain a Family Recreation I.D. Card, the spouse/partner and/or each child/dependent must fill out the following form with the help of the Etown employee: Family Recreation I.D.
Once the forms and payment are completed, the employee and member will receive a confirmation email stating that their account has been approved and activated. The member can then come to the Bowers Center and get their I.D. Family members must have their I.D. with them at all times when using Elizabethtown College recreational facilities and it will be used to scan in at certain facilities such as The Bowers Center. If the card is lost, there will be an additional fee for the replacement of the card.
Please visit our Fitness Center page for COVID updates regarding the use of The Bowers Center and Fitness Center.
|Membership Type||Price Per Semester
*check website for updated semester schedule. Subject to change.
|Elizabethtown College Single Family Pass||$99 (Fall/Spring) $60 (Summer)|
|Elizabethtown College Group Family Pass (2+)
(School year - 18-26 years of age, living at home and on guardian’s insurance. Summer - 16 and 17 permitted with an accompanying parent/guardian)
|$200 (Fall/Spring) $110 (Summer)|
Membership forms must be renewed semesterly. The cards will not expire, unless the employee no longer works for the college.
Spring 2022: January 3 - May 13
Summer 2022: May 16 - August 12
Fall 2022: August 22 - December 21
Spring 2023: January 2 - May 12
- Thompson Gymnasium
- The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
- For facility hours of The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being, visit www.etown.edu/bowers-center/
- Swimming Pool (if Thompson Gym doors are locked, swimmers must enter at door closest to BSC - look for signs)
- Outdoor volleyball, tennis, basketball and bocce ball courts, gaga pit, practice fields and outdoor track.
- Only college employees may bring their spouse and dependents to use the recreational facilities. Spouses and dependents are not permitted to bring additional guests.
- Family members must have their ID with them at all times.
- Recreational facilities are not open to the general public.
- Programs/Events for the campus community are not available for Family Rec Pass Users.
- Group fitness classes are included in the cost of the membership.
- No children under the age of 18 will be permitted into The Bowers Center unless for a college-approved event (exception: 16 and 17 year olds can use the facility in the summer while accompanied by their parent/guardian).
- Physical education classes, varsity athletic teams, intramural competition, conference groups, and scheduled special events will have priority access to facilities. Otherwise, facilities will available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The college employee is responsible for the conduct of their family members while using any recreational facility. They are expected to adhere to The Bowers Center policies.
Family Recreation ID Card users may park in any visitor parking lot on campus. Please refer to https://www.etown.edu/offices/security/parkingregs.aspx for parking regulations and a parking map.
For questions, please contact Whitney Crull, Director of The Bowers Center at email@example.com or 717-361-1590.