Thank you for your interest in Elizabethtown College. We, in the Office of Admissions, are dedicated to assisting you with your college transition process.
Because each transfer student has a different story to tell, it is important for us to hear from you. A personal interview can help you learn more about Elizabethtown, but just as important, can provide a forum for you to tell us your story. We are looking forward to developing a relationship with you.
Transfer Students must submit the Common Application
NOTE: Transfer students are not eligible to apply to the Occupational Therapy Program.
Auditions are required for all music majors.
Transfer applicants must submit a final official high school transcript and official transcripts from all current and previous college work.
Applicants are required to submit scores from either the SAT I or ACT. Elizabethtown does not prefer one test over another. Standardized tests are not required if the applicant has been out of high school for five or more years.
Your official scores should be sent directly to Elizabethtown College:
- SAT code #2225
- ACT code #3568
Office of Admissions
One Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
NOTE: Transfer international students must have their foreign credential transcripts evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. WES. Their toll free number is (800) 937-3895. E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to send your questions to email@example.com or call us at (717) 361-1400.
Your Counselor: Paula Orenstein
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Coordinator of Transfer Recruitment
All applicants are required to submit the following:
- The Common Application
- College Instructor Evaluation (found on Common Application)
- Transfer college report (found on Common Application)
- An official final high school transcript (SAT and/or ACT scores are required if you have graduated high school in the last five years).
- All official college or post-high school transcripts.
Elizabethtown College and Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) offer a dual admission program allowing students to earn their bachelor’s degree through the collaborative effort of the institutions. Students in the dual admission program begin their college career at HACC and transfer their credits directly to any of Elizabethtown College’s 53 different majors and more than 80 minors and concentrations.
Steps to being admitted into the dual admission program:
- Prior to completion of your 30 transferrable credits, sign a Letter of Intent (available at any HACC campus) declaring your interest in the dual admission program. For students already attending HACC, contact the Career Center at HACC immediately for guidance in entering the program.
- Select the course sequence required for the corresponding major at Elizabethtown College.
- Complete an Elizabethtown College application and return it to the Elizabethtown College Office of Admissions by August 1 for fall entrance and by December 1 for spring entrance.
NOTE: Admission to Elizabethtown College, whether through the dual admission program or not, is selective. A decision of admission will be based on a full and formal review of the transfer's application.