Students registered for a course who qualify for testing accommodations will give you a letter from our office. You and the student can decide on a mutually acceptable method of meeting this accommodation: with you in the classroom, with you or another staff member in an office, or in one of the testing rooms in Disability Services. Students who use assistive technology such as a screen reader will need to take tests in sites where this is available. Should you both decide the best location is in our office, it is the student’s responsibility to schedule the exam with Tammie Longsderff firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Director of Disability Services, at least 48 business hours prior to the exam date. You will receive a confirmation email detailing the time/date of the student’s request with a reminder to send a copy of the exam if you have not already done so.
- The student should schedule their exam at the same time/day as when the class is taking the exam, however they may need to start earlier or stay later than the class to have their full allotted time. Should a student need to take their exam at a different time due to a conflict with another scheduled class, they should speak with you prior to scheduling the exam with our office. We are generally able to provide space for exams between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday..
- Students requesting testing accommodations will bring a form from our office for you to complete. The student will complete Section 1and you should complete Section 2. Please be sure to indicate how you can be reached during the exam in the event questions arise.
- If you are delivering a hard copy of the test, please bring exams to BSC 226 at least 24 hours prior to the test. Alternatively, you can email the exam as a WORD or PDF attachment to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the time of the test. Exams are filed in the office of the Assistant Director of Disability Services (BSC 226). The room is locked when unattended.
- Students who arrive more than 15 minutes after the arranged time will not be permitted to take the exam without your permission to do so either by phone or in writing (email).
- Academic integrity issues will be reported immediately to faculty.