"Big School" Opportunities
in a "Small School" Environment.
The Department of Biology offers a strong, research-grounded curriculum with opportunities to pursue studies in a wide variety of biology-related fields. Small class sizes, hands-on laboratory experiences, fieldwork and undergraduate research opportunities prepare you for the world beyond college, whether you are interested in pursuing graduate school, medical school or finding a rewarding job.
3 degree options offer you a strong foundation in biological sciences in your area of interest:
- Bachelor of Science in biology with concentrations available in biology, premedical, allied health and secondary education
- Bachelor of Science in biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science
- Alumni include a Rhodes Scholar, two Goldwater Scholars, two Howard Hughes fellows and two NCCA Post-graduate Scholars
- Alumni have pursued advanced degrees at Harvard, Cornell, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, the University of Virginia and the University of Pennsylvania, to name just a few
- Hands-on training, cutting-edge instrumentation and independent study opportunities
- Affiliations with other universities allow you to pursue your professional degree while still at Elizabethtown
- Dissect a human cadaver in our state-of-the-art lab
- Have papers published in respected scientific journals and present your research in oral and poster formats at professional conferences
- Numerous opportunities for laboratory research and studies in the field, locally and abroad.
Why Study Biology at E-town? Learn more...