Into the Streets
A Day of Community Engagement:
Into the Streets is a program designed to introduce more students to thoughtful community service and to provide a learning experience that will challenge them to volunteer on a regular basis. Into the Streets is about training large numbers of student leaders, forging powerful coalitions between diverse campus, community, and national organizations, and fostering a new purpose and insight in the college community service movement.
October 22, 2016
The History of Into the Streets
Into the Streets represents the collective vision of 77 students and representatives from national coalitions, non-profit institutions, local and national service agencies, universities, colleges, and student community service programs from across the country. The event attracts more than 650 students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members each year. These volunteers coordinate and help with more than 55 projects.
Coordinator Positions for 2016
- Co-Lead Into the Streets Coordinator- Charity Good
- Co-Lead Into the Streets Coordinator- Kendra Smith
- Coordinator- Abby Sanders
- Co-Fall Fest Coordinator- Angela Wesneski
- Co-Fall Fest Coordinator- Sage Garvey
- Marketing Coordinator- Samantha Tobon
- Co-Raking & Winterizing Coordinator- Samantha Freas
- Co-Raking & Winterizing Coordinator- Kyle Lumbert