Research Across Campus
The primary purpose of the academic programs at Elizabethtown College is focused on teaching and learning. However, this primary focus is further sharpened when faculty members engage in externally funded research and programs to deepen their expertise and contribute to the creation of knowledge. In most instances, our students participate in the research and programs and gain real world experience under the supervision of their faculty mentors.
The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs works closely with faculty and staff, the Office of the Dean of Faculty, the Development Office and with other offices across campus to support and administer externally funded research and programs.
The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs maintains partnerships with several external organizations. One long-standing partnership is with the Innovation Transfer Network (ITN). In ITN's latest blog, Faculty Liaison Spike Moyer provides a nice snapshot of some of the successful projects and efforts at Elizabethtown College. The blog is found at: http://www.innovationtransfernetwork.org/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=1133. Please stop by Spike's blog and learn about a few highlights of Elizabethtown College's Research Across Campus.
Highlighted Externally Funded Scholarship and Service Activities
- David Kenley - Located in the Center for Global Understanding and Peacemaking; funding by the U.S. Department of Education
- Sara Atwood and Kurt DeGoede - Located in the Department of Engineering and Physics; funding by the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Nat Hager - Located in Physics and Engineering; recent funding from National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Debra Wohl - Located in Biology; recent funding from National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- James McKay - Located in Chemistry; recent funding by Research Corporation, National Science Foundation (NSF) and American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Diane Bridge - Located in Biology; funding by National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Jeff Rood - Located in Chemistry; funding by American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Barry Whitman - Located in Computer Science; funding by Department of Agriculture
- Jonathan Rudy - Located in Center for Global Understanding and Peacemaking; recent funding from the United Service Foundation
Staff and Faculty Outreach Programs
- Science in Motion (located in the Department of Education)