Research Across Campus
The primary purpose of the academic programs at Elizabethtown College is focused on teaching and learning. However, this primary focus is further sharpened when faculty members engage in externally funded research and programs to deepen their expertise and contribute to the creation of knowledge. In most instances, our students participate in the research and programs and gain real world experience under the supervision of their faculty mentors.
The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs works closely with faculty and staff, the Office of the Dean of Faculty, the Development Office and with other offices across campus to support and administer externally funded research and programs.
Highlighted Externally Funded Scholarship and Service Activities
- Nat Hager - Located in Physics and Engineering; funding by National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Debra Wohl - Located in Biology; funding by National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- James McKay - Located in Chemistry; funding by Research Corporation, National Science Foundation (NSF) and American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Diane Bridge - Located in Biology; funding by National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Jeff Rood - Located in Chemistry; funding by American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Barry Whitman - Located in Computer Science; funding by Department of Agriculture
Staff and Faculty Outreach Programs
- Science in Motion (located in the Center for Community and Civic Engagement)
- Science It's Elementary (located in the Center for Community and Civic Engagement)