Applications can be submitted online through the Student Employment page. Please contact the Help Desk (717-361-3333 / Nicarry 125) if you have any questions.
Help Desk Assistant
The role of the ITS Help Desk is to act as the main point of contact and central resource for all technology on campus. This includes providing services such as technical support for college–owned computing equipment, assisting with software-related issues on student-owned devices, and supporting loaned media equipment for employee and student use. It is the Help Desk Assistant’s responsibility to provide these services, assisting the Client Services staff with daily routine tasks and assist in projects aimed at the improvement of ITS-related services.
- Must be a current student
- Must have a strong customer-service focus, assisting clients over the phone, by email, and in person.
- Must have solid communication skills in order to assist clients with remediation steps, both oral and written
- Must be capable of balancing multiple tasks at once during busy times, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Interested in information technology systems and willingness to learn troubleshooting methods
Starting wage: $7.75/hr (depending on experience)