Transfer Credits: Off-Campus Approvals
A currently enrolled student who wishes to complete a course off-campus must obtain written permission in advance of registering for the course from the Office of Registration and Records by submitting an off-campus approval form . The form will be discussed with the department governing the course discipline to ensure the off-campus student plan meets written academic policy and to identify exactly how the course will transfer back to Elizabethtown College.
Consider the following when investigating off-campus study
- NOT all Online courses are transferrable
- A student must earn a minimum grade of C- for the course to transfer back to Elizabethtown College.
- Courses graded P/NP, or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, will NOT be awarded academic credit through transfer at Elizabethtown College.
- Students must complete 300- and higher-level coursework in residence. Exceptions require written approval from the academic Dean governing the program and the Registrar.
- Degree seeking students may not carry courses concurrently at any other institution without prior written consent of thei academic Dean and the Registrar.
- Only Credits transfer (Grades do NOT transfer)
- Students CANNOT repeat a course at another college or university. Refer to the academic repeat policy for more information.
- Students can transfer courses from institutions that are regionally accredited or hold accreditation from other, non-regional accreditors recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Coursework from non-regionally accredited institutions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis subject to review by the school Dean governing the course discipline, if applicable, or simply accepted for free-elective credit. All off-campus study will be judged by the Registrar and the appropriate program (in the case of courses for a major/minor/certificate) to be high quality, involve active delivery methods (ongoing exchange of ideas with an instructor), and are consistent with the mission and program goals of Elizabethtown College.
Prospective Transfer students should contact our Office of Admissions to learn more about how to receive a transfer student course evaluation.
Please review all Academic Policies especially the College's Transfer Credit Policy when considering off-campus study .... Catalog Policy